GeoInstinct Survey OFFICE installation media is available from the GeoInstinct website. Full installations or upgrade files are available for installation. If the user has a previous version of GISO installed the user can choose to update current version using an update file.
In cases when the GeoInstinct Survey OFFICE version on the PC / Laptop is several version behind current release, the user is advised to uninstall previous versions within Settings > Apps, and then install the latest releases.
- To Install GISO from link
- Plug the GISO hardware lock (dongle) into the USB port if a dongle is being used. Node lock and network license options are available.
- Download Full installation file from link
- Once downloaded, right click on file and select 'Run As Administrator'
- Follow prompts installing in the default location
- The hardware lock driver will also install.
- Select Finish
- Run GISO, either by double clicking on the GISO icon
If the user wishes to update follow the steps above but download a Update file.
If you have GISO already installed on your computer, backup your existing GISO directory and any sub-directories off it.
Before performing any operations in GISO, it is important to ensure directories and external links are setup correctly. It is sufficient to set up these links once.
Directories & Files
GeoInstinct Survey OFFICE can have direct links to a text editor, CAD and/or MX. Having a link to a CAD system or MX will mean that when exporting a model, the CAD system or MX will open automatically and the drawing will be generated in that program.
The Executable files, Projects and Temporary files directory will be filled in automatically during installation. If the default settings differ from yours ensure you change them to correspond to your specific directory structure.
Notepad++ is used as the default Text Editor. No path directory has to be entered in this option, simply type the word NOTEPAD. Any time any reports are edited they will be presented in the Text Editor. Having a link to a CAD system or MX will mean that when exporting an GISO model or section, to either CAD or MX, they will be automatically opened and the drawing generated in that system.
- Go to ‘DATA tab > Settings > General Options > Directories and Files’ panel
- Check and see that the executable files directory is correct.
- If you have installed GISO in a directory other than the default, type in the correct path to this directory.
- Check and see that the projects directory is correct. This should normally be the same directory as the executable file directory.
- Make sure that the temporary directory stated exists. If not create this directory.
- Select the path to your CAD executable file.
- Identify the text editor you wish to use for GISO generated reports.